MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
specialist in infection and hospital hygiene
tasks and responsibilities
As a specialist for hospital hygiene and infection prevention, you are indispensable in many of our projects. Together with other departments, you develop strategies for risk and infection prevention. You implement these and check whether the systems and standards developed are also being applied. In this way, you ensure the quality of care and the safety of our patients and employees. In addition, you will lead and support a team of colleagues and instruct new employees in their tasks. If necessary, you also provide topic-related trainings and workshops.
- A completed training as nurse or paediatric nurse or a qualification as physician and further training or studies in the field of hygiene management or hospital hygiene
- At least two years of professional experience in the field of hospital hygiene
- Leadership or teaching experience
- Qualification in tropical medicine (training of at least eight weeks) or relevant working experience in a tropical setting
- Ideally experience as OT nurse or surgical or mixed ICU and emergency departments
- Work experience in another medical system, for example in England, France or Switzerland, is highly advantageous
- Time availability for at least nine to twelve months, preferably longer
- Fluency in English and/or French
- Willingness to work in all kinds of contexts worldwide, including unstable areas
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organisational and improvisational skills as well as high mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in accordance with the humanitarian principles as well as the charter and mission statement of Médecins Sans Frontières
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.