MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
Hospital facility manager
tasks and responsibilities
As a facility manager, you and your team will ensure the infrastructure and healthcare in our hospitals. You will prepare safety plans and ensure the efficient deployment of personnel and finances. You also coordinate everything to do with technology and facility management in the broadest sense: among other things, you take care of structural maintenance measures, energy supply, IT, security systems and biomedical equipment. Medical waste management, cold chain management and signage are just as much a part of your duties as, for example, fire protection.
As a facility manager, you will be part of the hospital's management team and report to the hospital director. You will work closely with the medical staff and supervise other teams, such as engineering or energy, as needed. You will also be responsible for hiring, on boarding and training facility staff. Contact with external service providers is also part of your responsibilities.
- Degree in a technical field or in facility management
- At least two years of professional experience in healthcare or hospital facility management
- Experience in guiding and training staff
- Ideally experience working with other NGOs
- Time availability for at least nine to twelve months
- Fluency in English and/or French
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organisational and improvisational skills as well as high mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in all kinds of contexts worldwide, including unstable areas
- Willingness to work in accordance with the humanitarian principles as well as the charter and mission statement of Médecins Sans Frontières
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.
ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V.
Schwedenstr. 9, 13359 Berlin, Germany