MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
tasks and responsibilities
Are you a technical all-rounder? If so, you are exactly the right person for us. Your work is an indispensable part of our emergency aid.
As a technical logistics expert, you are responsible for the necessary infrastructure for our projects. You will ensure the consistent availability of all supplies needed as well as maintaining the smooth operation of all matters relating to technology. Some of your duties include, the installation and maintenance of technical equipment, overseeing water and sanitary facilities as well as energy supply. Additionally, you will also be in charge of the technical implementation of all safety-related measures, ranging from the vehicle fleet to communication and information equipment. In some projects, you will also be responsible for the renovation and construction of health care facilities, as well as any other construction needed for our programs. You will be supported by an experienced team of staff whose training and guidance will also be part of your responsibilities.
Because of the wide scope of this position, we are looking for technical all-rounders in particular. Whether you come from event and stage technology, the sanitary sector or vehicle mechanics, we are looking for exactly your skill set. The main thing is your manual dexterity, improvisational skills and a passion for working in humanitarian emergency relief.
Completed vocational training and at least two years of work experience in a technical or skilled trade
- Professional or personal experience in at least three of the following areas: Vehicle mechanics, materials management, energy and electricity, water and sanitation, construction, communications and information technology
Skilled craftsmanship and a strong affinity for technology
- A minimum of nine to twelve months availability
- Experience in personnel management and training
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French is a major plus, other languages such as Arabic are also a plus
- Travel or work experience in African, Asian or Latin American countries
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organizational and improvisational skills, and a high level of mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in the spirit of the humanitarian principles as well as the MSF charter and mission statement
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.
ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V.
Am Köllnischen Park 1, 10179 Berlin, Germany