MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
tasks and responsibilities
Pharmacists are an indispensable part of our emergency medical aid projects.
As a pharmacist, you will be responsible for ensuring that the right medicines and sufficient medical supplies are always available. You will be making sure that pharmaceutical guidelines are in compliance with national regulations in project countries. You will have to order the necessary pharmaceuticals and other medical materials internationally, ensure storage and transport within the country itself and organize distribution within the medical facilities. You will also be in charge of the efficient management of storage facilities, as well as the monitoring of stock levels and deliveries. Among other things, you will be making sure that medications are used before expiration and prepare reports on medication consumption levels and the usage of medical products. In addition, you will coordinate employees, offer instruction and guidance in the day-to-day handling of medications and medical supplies, as well as conducting continuing education courses.
A degree in pharmaceutics
- At least two years of professional experience, including at least one year in a hospital
Experience in education and training
- Availability of at least nine to twelve months
- Good computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Fluent English, knowledge of French is a big plus, other languages such as Arabic are also an asset
- Travel or work experience in African, Asian or Latin American countries
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organizational and improvisational skills, and a high level of mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in accordance with Médecins Sans Frontières humanitarian principles, charter and mission statement
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.
ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V.
Am Köllnischen Park 1, 10179 Berlin, Germany