MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
tasks and responsibilities
You facilitate the smooth cooperation of our project staff deployed from different countries.
Would you like to take on staff responsibility for medical projects? Are you looking forward to working with people from different countries and professions and bringing them together to form a team? As a staff administrator, you will be part of our country coordination team, which usually works in the capital of the respective country of assignment. You will be advising and supporting this team and the project coordinators in the respective country on HR and management issues.
You will also define and implement our HR policies, ensuring compliance with the labor guidelines and laws of the country of assignment. Your tasks will include strategic HR planning to achieve our operational goals, for example in terms of recruitment, training and career planning. You will be responsible for both international staff and staff from the project country. You will lead and train an administrative team. In addition, you will be responsible for the smooth processing of entry formalities for international staff.
At least two years of professional experience in a position responsible for personnel
- Experience in personnel management and personnel development as well as good knowledge of personnel databases
Knowledge of international labor law is an advantage
- Ability to handle many tasks at the same time and to set priorities
- Initiative and flexibility
- Availability for at least twelve months
- Fluent English, knowledge of French is a big plus, other languages such as Arabic are also an advantage
- Travel or work experience in African, Asian or Latin American countries
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organizational and improvisational skills as well as high mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in accordance with humanitarian principles as well as the Médecins Sans Frontières charter and mission statement
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.
ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V.
Am Köllnischen Park 1, 10179 Berlin, Germany