MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
Personnel development Manager
tasks and responsibilities
As part of an international and interdisciplinary team, you will be responsible for the professional development needs of our staff at one of our projects.
As a Human Resources Development Manager at one of our projects, you will be responsible for the training and professional development strategy, as well as making sure that this is effectively implemented. As a rule, these projects are larger hospitals with up to 600 employees from a wide range of professions. This is particularly challenging because our locally recruited colleagues often have no formal training.
Your work is aimed at increasing the autonomy, performance and further development of all staff members. In collaboration with the local medical, logistical and administrative department heads, you will be analyzing the training needs of the employees, designing a coherent learning and development strategy and ensuring that this strategy is implemented. You will also be supporting human resources management and the heads of department on site with your professional expertise in order to ensure a comprehensive and efficient settling in of new employees.
Your tasks also involve paying special attention to the further development of potential managers. In some exceptional cases, the recruitment of staff may also be one of your tasks – for example, if a large number of employees need to be recruited quickly due to an acute emergency intervention. Last but not least, you will support the respective supervisors in creating individual development plans for their staff.
A degree in human resources, management, nursing education, adult education or a comparable academic background, ideally with advanced training in training or coaching
- At least two years of professional experience in the development of personnel
At least one year’s post-specialisation professional experience
- Experience in coaching supervisors or managers as well as in the conception and implementation of further education strategies
- Availability for at least 12 months. We are particularly interested in applicants who can imagine working for us for 3-5 years in the medium term at various locations
- Fluent English, knowledge of French is a big plus, other languages such as Arabic are also an advantage
- Travel or work experience in African, Asian or Latin American countries
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organizational and improvisational skills as well as high mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in accordance with the humanitarian principles and the Médecins Sans Frontières charter and mission statement
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.
ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V.
Am Köllnischen Park 1, 10179 Berlin, Germany