MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with 28 offices worldwide. When large-scale epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
tasks and responsibilities
As an all-rounder for the areas of personnel, administration and finances, you will make a significant contribution to the success of our projects.
As the person responsible for personnel, finances and general administration, you will ensure that our projects run smoothly. You will be responsible for all areas of day-to-day human resources work. This will include recruitment and introducing new staff, to supervision and on-site staff training – whereby a hospital project can have up to 600 employees. You will be supported by and supervise a team of up to eight staff members.
You will also work closely with local project management and the country administrators for personnel and finances in the respective country of assignment. In the area of finances, you will ensure transparent, well-functioning bookkeeping. You are also responsible for ensuring the project’s liquidity as well as the timely payment of salaries, dues and invoices. You manage all contracts and, in cooperation with the Country Finance Administrator, you will play an important role in budget planning and control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the management of staff living quarters including international staff and staff in charge.
A completed vocational training or a degree in the field of management or business administration
- At least two years of relevant work experience
Work experience in several of the following areas: Personnel management and administration, general administration, financial accounting
- Initial experience in managing personnel
- Negotiation skills and the ability to prioritize and work on many different tasks
- Experience with another organization in a similar position is an advantage
- Time availability for at least twelve months
- Fluent in English and French, nowledge of other languages such as Arabic is also an advantage
- Travel or work experience in African, Asian or Latin American countries
- Ability to work in a team, cultural sensitivity, organizational and improvisational skills as well as high mental and physical resilience
- Willingness to work in accordance with humanitarian principles as well as the Médecins Sans Frontières charter and mission statement
What do we offer
- Salary sufficient to cover costs at home while you are in the field
- A per diem during assignment to cover food expenses and other local purchases in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Holiday leave (depending on project)
We strongly recommend that you attend a webinar or HR info event about working with MSF to learn more about responsibilities and requirements before you apply.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to your application.
ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V.
Schwedenstr. 9, 13359 Berlin, Germany